Freeblades of the Young Kingdoms
- 1227 KR (0 NR) – Far to the west of the continent of Rune a new land is discovered.
- 1232 KR (5 NR) – The First armed conflict of the new world begins in earnest. The armies of the Old Kingdoms of Ern, Katal, and Gran Faer are routed so badly that their populations never really recover. Katal and Gran Faer are absorbed into Ern, creating the Ernest Nations
- 1234 KR (7 NR) – Continued conflict in the new world causes severe economic problems in the Old Kingdoms. Over half of all able bodied adults are being sent over seas to participate in the ongoing war. All nineteen of the remaining Old Kingdoms are now involved, including the Ernest Nations.
- 1277 (50 NR) – The War of the New World, as it is now known, rattles to a terrible end. All of the Old Kingdoms, now effectively destitute, withdraw to the continent of Rune, hoping to rebuild their crumbling infrastructure.
- 54 NR – The Kings Reckoning calendar falls out of common use. The more popular “New Reckoning” calendar , which uses the discovery of the new world as year 0, becomes the official timeline of all kingdoms.
- 58 NR – The Young Kingdoms Accords are signed by all rulers, with the Ernest council at the forefront. Sometimes called the Ernest Treaty, it divides the new world into fourteen nation-states. A young noble from each of the remaining Old Kingdoms is given one of these “Young Kingdoms” to rule.